This is actually the story of my husband’s favorite recipe. Ever.
So, my egg roll in a bowl recipe, filled with the life-changing creamy chili sauce, is a reader favorite and has been for a long time. I get it! It’s low carbohydrate and paleo, easy to make for dinner, therefore filled with flavor. Personally, Personally i think like it belongs on every meal plan.
This “crack slaw” recipe is, pretty sure, my husband’s favorite recipe I’ve ever written. Or made, or brought into our house. And the actual fact that he cooks it easily is a genuine testament to precisely how easy of a minimal carb recipe it really is.
Why This can be the Best Egg Roll in a Bowl Recipe
- The flavors of an egg roll without the unhealthy deep-fried wrapper make such a delicious dinner recipe.
- Using coleslaw mix means prep is super simple.
- Topping everything with a spicy mayo takes this egg roll in a bowl recipe, or “crack slaw” recipe, to another level!
- Make it keto super easily by swapping the coconut aminos soy sauce.
- It’s compliant, meaning no added sweeteners, grains, gluten, or soy. Ideal for people that have allergies or who are simply trying to consume healthily!
- This egg roll in a bowl recipe is manufactured in a single skillet so fewer dishes!
- Try broccoli slaw rather than the shredded cabbage or coleslaw mix. Many reviewers have managed to get in this manner and loved it!
- If you’re not on a and tolerate soy well, you can substitute soy sauce for the coconut aminos. Make certain you’re light on the salt afterward, though.
- Swap the ground pork for ground turkey or ground chicken, in the event that you don’t eat pork.
Add water and paleo for a lovely crunch.
- Use lite tamari or Bragg’s aminos and low carbohydrate hot sauce for a keto version.
- You may also use shrimp in this egg roll in a bowl recipe instead of the ground pork! Sauté the shrimp until they’re pink no longer translucent then remove. Add them back in right before serving and toss well.
- This recipe makes enough to serve two with leftovers or four without. It’s fantastic for meal prep, just be sure you keep carefully the creamy spicy mayo / red chili sauce separate.
- In the event that you can’t eat eggs, get one of these vegan mayo in place of the standard mayonnaise for the red chili sauce. For anyone who is on avoiding eggs, simply swap the mayonnaise for coconut cream – the solid white part of a can of coconut.
- Ensure you simmer the sauce down so it’s not so liquid. You want to buy thick and rich!
Is rice wine vinegar compliant?
Yep – even though it has “rice” and “wine” in the name. Every vinegar except malt is allowed on this program. Just make sure you’re not using “seasoned” rice wine vinegar, which more often than not includes sugar.
Can I get this to keto egg roll in a bowl ahead of time?
Yes, this makes an excellent keto meal prep! It reheats pretty well, making this the perfect dish for leftovers. However, it’s probably smart to store the spicy mayo in another container.
Make It Keto
To create this egg roll in a bowl keto-friendly, follow these substitutions:
- Use lite tamari or Bragg’s Aminos instead of the coconut aminos.
- Usually do not use water chestnuts (You can for low carbohydrate.).
- Use a keto-friendly hot sauce, like chili-garlic sauce or even Louisiana hot sauce.
This egg roll in a bowl with creamy chili sauce is a wonderfully flavorful, quick recipe. This low carb, keto, and paleo recipe is an addictive Asian dinner the whole family will love. Made in one skillet.
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 6 green onions sliced, green and white parts divided
- 1/2 cup red onion diced. Skip for keto. See Note
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 8-oz. can water chestnuts chopped. Skip for keto
- 1 tablespoon sriracha or hot sauce See Note 1
- 14 ounce bag coleslaw mix
- 3 tablespoons coconut aminos See Note 2 for keto or low carb
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/8 – 1/4 teaspoon white pepper or black pepper
- salt to taste
- black sesame seeds for garnish
- green parts of sliced green onions from above
Creamy Chili Sauce
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise see Note 3
- 1–2 tablespoons sriracha or hot sauce
- salt to taste
Heat sesame oil in a large skillet and place over medium heat.
Add white parts of green onions, diced red onion, and garlic and saute, stirring frequently, until the red onion begins to soften, about 5 minutes.
Add ground pork, grated ginger, water chestnuts (Skip for keto), and 1 tablespoon sriracha hot sauce or chili-garlic sauce and cook until pork is browned, broken up, and cooked through about 7-10 minutes.
Add coleslaw mix, coconut aminos or soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, white pepper, and salt, to taste, and stir until well combined. Cook, stirring regularly, until cabbage is tender, about 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl whisk together 1/4 cup mayonnaise and 1-2 tablespoons compliant hot sauce. Add a pinch of salt, to taste. To drizzle, place creamy chili sauce in a small plastic sandwich bag.
To plate: spoon a hearty helping of the pork-cabbage mixture in a serving bowl. Snip off the corner of the sandwich bag with the creamy chili sauce and drizzle over egg roll in a bowl recipe mixture. Garnish with green parts of the green onions and black sesame seeds.
- Serving Size: 4 people
- Calories: 416
- Sugar: 4
- Sodium: 511
- Fat: 31
- Saturated Fat: 9
- Carbohydrates: 12
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 21
- Cholesterol: 81
Keywords: keto egg roll in a bowl, paleo egg roll in a bowl, egg roll in a bowl