Crispy Cheesy Chicken is served topped with a sour cream and chicken gravy. Perfect with a side of mashed potatoes and some steamed veggies of your choice.
- 4 large chicken breasts
- 2 sleeves Ritz crackers
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 (10-ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Cut each chicken breast into 3 large pieces, like a chicken tender.
- In a small food processor add the Ritz crackers and pulse until they are crumbs.
- I three separate shallow bowls, add the milk, cheese and cracker crumbs. Cake pans work well. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper into the cracker crumbs and stir the mixture around to combine.
- Dip each piece of chicken into the milk then the cheese. Press the cheese into the chicken with your fingers. Then, coat the cheesy chicken with cracker crumbs.
- Spray a 9×13 pan with cooking spray and place the coated chicken inside the pan. Sprinkle dried parsley over the chicken.
- Cover the pan with foil and bake at 400°F. for 35 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until the edges of the chicken are golden brown and crispy.
- While the chicken is baking, combine the cream of chicken soup, sour cream and butter in a medium size sauce pan. Stir with a whisk until the sauce is smooth. Continue stirring over medium high heat until the sauce is nice and hot. Serve over the chicken.
Keywords: chicken, cheddar