If you’re a foodstuff snob, you might aswell leave now. That is a canned soup recipe. However, if you’d prefer to hear more about the only meats dish that everyone in my own family group gobbles up and requests more of, hang in there because of this Crispy Cheddar Chicken.
Truthfully, I don’t use a whole lot of canned soups in my own cooking, but this chicken is an enormous family favorite. I’m scared there will be a mutiny easily stopped serving it!
Also my child who doesn’t generally like meat cleans his plate when I get this to Crispy Cheddar Poultry. I’m thinking it offers something regarding the cheesy Ritz cracker crumb coating. Or possibly the delightful, creamy sauce.
In the event that you really can’t tummy the thought of using canned soup, a good, homemade chicken gravy works just fine.
The recipe as written may make a substantial amount of crumb coating-probably more than enough for 6-8 poultry breasts. Hence consider using extra poultry, or using not as much crumbs.
I’d head out with extra poultry, since I never appear to make enough of the to satisfy everyone.
If you’re searching for a simple, audience pleasing chicken dinner, after that it is the recipe for you personally. We do not have leftovers when I get this to for dinner!Print
Crispy Cheesy Chicken is served topped with a sour cream and chicken gravy. Perfect with a side of mashed potatoes and some steamed veggies of your choice.
- 4 large chicken breasts
- 2 sleeves Ritz crackers
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 (10-ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Cut each chicken breast into 3 large pieces, like a chicken tender.
- In a small food processor add the Ritz crackers and pulse until they are crumbs.
- I three separate shallow bowls, add the milk, cheese and cracker crumbs. Cake pans work well. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper into the cracker crumbs and stir the mixture around to combine.
- Dip each piece of chicken into the milk then the cheese. Press the cheese into the chicken with your fingers. Then, coat the cheesy chicken with cracker crumbs.
- Spray a 9×13 pan with cooking spray and place the coated chicken inside the pan. Sprinkle dried parsley over the chicken.
- Cover the pan with foil and bake at 400°F. for 35 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until the edges of the chicken are golden brown and crispy.
- While the chicken is baking, combine the cream of chicken soup, sour cream and butter in a medium size sauce pan. Stir with a whisk until the sauce is smooth. Continue stirring over medium high heat until the sauce is nice and hot. Serve over the chicken.
Keywords: chicken, cheddar
Show Comments (0)