This Creamy and Cheesy Chicken and Rice is the ULTIMATE comfort food recipe. Wholesome brown rice, cooked chicken, and lots of cheese all swimming in a decadent, yet healthier sauce. This chicken and rice casserole is one recipe that everyone loves.
- 4 Tbs butter
- 1 Tbs fresh minced garlic
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 4 cups steamed brown rice 4 cups AFTER cooking This is 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1/4 cup all purpose unbleached flour
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup white wine or additional chicken stock
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Top with 1 1/2 Cups shredded cheddar cheese optional
- 1 Tbs fresh chopped thyme optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly butter a 2 quart or 9×13 baking sheet.
- Melt butter into a medium saucepan over medium high heat.
- Stir in garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Whisk in flour, chopped thyme, salt and pepper and cook for 1 minute to cook off raw flour taste.
- Slowly pour in wine and chicken broth whisking continuously. Whisk until thick and nearly boiling.
- Stir in cheese until melted then stir in cooked rice and chicken.
- Transfer to a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Top with additional cheddar cheese, if desired, and bake for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is melted through.
recipes by http://amindfullmom.com
- Serving Size: 8g
- Calories: 785
- Sodium: 911g
- Fat: 24g
- Saturated Fat: 13g
- Carbohydrates: 76g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 21g
- Cholesterol: 67g