This Creamy and Cheesy Chicken and Rice is the best comfort food recipe. Wholesome darkish rice, cooked chicken breast, and a lot of cheese all going swimming in a decadent, yet healthier sauce. This poultry and rice casserole is one menu that everybody loves.
CREAMY CHEESY Chicken breast AND RICE
I must be honest, after i hear Poultry and Rice Casserole, I don’t get extremely excited. This formula s little or nothing exotic or spicy or elegant. BUT each and every time I make it my children rins hearing to hearing, and I’ve NEVER offered this poultry and rice bake to Anyone who didn’t think it’s great. That’s the reason I am ALWAYS making a two times batch and stashing one in the freezer-it cooks up properly from the freezer. And believe me when I let you know Cheesy Poultry and Rice is the food you should lead to anyone who’s craving comfort. It always delivers!
TECHNIQUES FOR HOMEMADE Chicken AND RICE CASSEROLE
1. Get this to casserole faster by stocking your freezer with homemade poultry stock, cooked fowl and even grilled rice. But feel absolve to use what you have: store-bought poultry stock, leftover rotisserie poultry, or poultry boiled and shredded.
2. In the event that you don’t have fresh thyme-do not be anxious!! It adds a supplementary layer of flavour that I love, but is totally not essential. 1 tsp of dried thyme works as well.
3. White wine adds a abundant depth of flavour to this rooster and rice casserole, but is not essential, just replace with yet another 1/4 glass of poultry stock.
4. If you want to make Cheesy Poultry and Rice with Broccoli, simply add 2 mugs of chopped steamed broccoli to the casserole before cooking.
5. The recipe’s nourishment was computed with the entire amount of cheese (3 1/2 mugs). I leave the cheese off the most notable often which is still delicious. You can also decrease the butter by 50 % and have the beautiful taste real butter increases a dish still. If you’re diet and need to view your excess fat, save a few calorie consumption occasionally by pursuing those tips, but this is REAL food.
This Creamy and Cheesy Chicken and Rice is the ULTIMATE comfort food recipe. Wholesome brown rice, cooked chicken, and lots of cheese all swimming in a decadent, yet healthier sauce. This chicken and rice casserole is one recipe that everyone loves.
- 4 Tbs butter
- 1 Tbs fresh minced garlic
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 4 cups steamed brown rice 4 cups AFTER cooking This is 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1/4 cup all purpose unbleached flour
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup white wine or additional chicken stock
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Top with 1 1/2 Cups shredded cheddar cheese optional
- 1 Tbs fresh chopped thyme optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly butter a 2 quart or 9×13 baking sheet.
- Melt butter into a medium saucepan over medium high heat.
- Stir in garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Whisk in flour, chopped thyme, salt and pepper and cook for 1 minute to cook off raw flour taste.
- Slowly pour in wine and chicken broth whisking continuously. Whisk until thick and nearly boiling.
- Stir in cheese until melted then stir in cooked rice and chicken.
- Transfer to a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Top with additional cheddar cheese, if desired, and bake for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is melted through.
recipes by http://amindfullmom.com
- Serving Size: 8g
- Calories: 785
- Sodium: 911g
- Fat: 24g
- Saturated Fat: 13g
- Carbohydrates: 76g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 21g
- Cholesterol: 67g
Show Comments (0)